- Eat six small meals, eat slowly, chew well, and sit upright when eating.
- Drink liquids 1 hour before and after eating, not with a meal.
- Eat a protein with each meal.
- Lying down after eating may lesson symptoms.
- Increase the amount of fats (eg, avocados, olive oil, almond/peanut butter) in your diet. Fats help slow stomach emptying.
- Avoid liquid pre-packaged nutritional drinks.
- Avoid high-sugar foods and drinks.
- Limit or avoid cow milk and dairy products.* Dairy includes cheese and yogurt. Try almond, coconut, or rice milk.
*Note: Lactose, a milk sugar found in dairy products, may cause bloating, cramping, and diarrhea. Individuals undergoing cancer treatment may develop lactose intolerance.